At Tutela Jersey, we are lucky to have Martin Shotbolt as a Director and a trainer. He leads the majority of training courses provided to employees, from initial induction through to MAYBO conflict management training. A three-day training programme delivered by Company Directors forms a core component of Tutela’s Induction Programme for new staff. The programme is currently run monthly and covers the following:
• Working within a ‘Psychologically Informed Approach’
• Understanding Learning Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Conditions and Reducing Restrictive Practice
• Dementia Awareness and developing dementia friendly environments within the context of psychologically informed environments (PIE)
• Common Mental Health Conditions
• Positive approaches to supporting individuals with behaviours that challenge
• Physical intervention: Assault Reduction to Disengagement
On top of this, bespoke skills are taught depending on the individuals a staff member are working with, a recent example being the delivery of training concerning Frontal Temporal Lobe Dementia to care partners, OT’s and family members of an individual accessing our service.
Other training courses included in our package are:
Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding both Adults and Children at Risk, Mental Capacity (UK training), Duty of Care (States of Jersey Code of Conduct), Policies and Procedures, Discrimination, Autism Awareness, Handling Information, Effective Communication, Health and Safety, Manual Handling, Fluids and Nutrition, Medication Management, Control Administration of Medication Level 3, Infection control, Learning Disabilities, Dementia, Data Protection, Food Hygiene, Fire Safety, Safeguarding, Conflict Resolution, and Mental Health.
Please take a look at the gallery below to see Martin in action